Sunday, April 3, 2011

To the Walll, April 3 Ride

As you can see in the photo at left, taken from the seat of my motorcycle, a very fine Sunday morning in North Carolina. Unlike the weather of the previous visit, this was a very fine day, and got out around 10:30 for a ride. Love to ride on Sunday mornings, traffic is light, and the roads are wide open for a cruise. Enjoyed being out and this was near the beginning; at the light would be turning left onto NC-49. Nice road which I have traveled many times, and have been on many great adventures with friends, and as in this case, while out solo. Sometimes it is nice to be out with thoughts and enjoying the day. Great thing about solo riding is that you can change directions easy.
Had read in the paper about the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall. It is a replica of the big wall in Washington, DC. Though you can't see it here had a good crowd there, as well as a small museum, and even an Army truck on hand from the period. There are many (way too many) names on that wall, including one name which is the brother of one of my best friends while I was in the US Navy (though my period of service was shortly after the Vietnam War). Still, felt like making a stop was something that I needed to do, and I am glad that I did. I think it is very important to remember those people who died in service to our country.
Now open seven days a week stopped at RideNow in Concord. Saw this very fine Kawasaki ZX-14 Ninja. It, along with the Suzuki Hayabusa are two of the quickest and fastest motorcycles you could own (does not mean you should own them, but that is what you would have if you did). The ZX-14 also comes in a touring version; which I am told can get you from coast to coast in a very short period of time. I am really fond of the Kawasaki line of motorcycles, have had a few over the years, and my Vulcan has been trouble free (knock on wood) since 2005 when I got it from this dealer brand new. I have certainly enjoyed my rides on the bike.
Seen here are a pair of KLR-650 Kawasaki motorcycles. Very popular bikes, they are good street/trail motorcycles and have been in production for a long time and are said to be very reliable. If you are looking for a good economic and easy on gas motorcycle due to the current fuel increases, this would be a good one to consider.
I was pleased that RideNow got some tires in, needing to get a new rear tire and will be doing that (weather permitting) next weekend. I also hope to get in some more riding next Sunday; plus will be doing a little checking on another hotbed of motorcycling over the next week.
This bike was sort of different, saw it at (of all places) Harley-Davidson of Concord (aka Pat Rogers Harley Davidson). Nice little bike, be just the thing for dodging the pot holes of Richmond, Va, and talk about a gas miser! Not sure even what the hell it is, but liked it, and it made me smile. So did the ride today, which I ended with a stop at Suck Bang Blow and Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was a really great day, and had a fantastic time in the wind today. Did not cover a lot of miles due to all the stops, but had a great time on a warm day under Carolina blue skies. More photos can be found on my photo page. Thanks for dropping by my page.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...