Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Thoughts and VA News

Enjoying a rainy but restful Saturday in Richmond. Read this week about a new program in Virginia called "Rider Alert". Its based on a British/European program used by 250,000 on the other side of the ocean. A card, which contains contact information and medical information (such as blood type I would assume) is put in the helmet, and then on the helmet is a sticker with news that the card is in there. There is also a note that in the event of an accident, for only trained personal to remove the helmet from the riders head. There are plans to expand the program nationally; to me this is a very good idea. No one wants something to happen, but its a good idea to take efforts before it does. I know a lot of people put their contact number under "ICE" (In Case of Emergency") in their cell phones, many emergency providers look for that. I think that could be a good idea either on a motorcycle, or just in case.
Still looking for new model motorcycles out at dealers. I have seen (and have posted here) some interesting bikes over the last few weeks, but the two I have most wanted to see, (both from Honda) the CB1000R and the new Honda 250 I have yet to see. There is also an interesting model from Victory (which has ape hanger bars) and of course new models from Triumph and Ducati that I would be interested in seeing.
When in Richmond, I do not get to ride (I keep and ride my bike in North Carolina; just have an apartment here in Richmond, and it has to be one place or the other) but like to go to bike shows and events here in the area. Can be difficult to find either, but occasionally I come across something locally. When I do in the upcoming months I will be posting photos and news of it here.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...