Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flying at Low Level!

Two big passions in my life are motorcycling and aviation so a couple of weeks ago when I got a new tire for the Vulcan and front brake pads (will be putting them on soon myself, a future post in the making) saw this helmet. Not only does it link my two interests, but it also was a design I like. The eye protection seemed very good, not a big fan of full face shields, and this I thought will be pretty cool. Rained when I got back to Carolina on Good Friday but sure the helmet will get a "test flight" this weekend. My son took this photo of me in the helmet. On the rides this weekend, will be showing some of the sights in the Carolina area, though will also have a couple of bike photos in a later post. Did make a stop at RideNow on my way into town...do miss those motorcycles in Richmond. Hope to check out some shops in the Richmond area next weekend when I am back there.
Speaking of bikes, news was announced that Victory Motorcycles (who is under the parent company of Polaris Industries) will be taking over Indian Motorcycles. They will also be relocating production from Kings Mountain, NC to a new factory location in Iowa. Indian has been back in production since around 2006-2007 (company dates to 1901, but ended production in the 1950's) but has been restarted a few times. They have in the latest attempt made (as I remember) only one model, and have a few dealerships around the US. Will be interesting to see what happens with this motorcycle company, but wish them the best of luck.
Interesting story about a woman, 62 years old and the registered owner of a Suzuki Katana who was arrested back in 2009 for evading police. The cops arrested her, though they knew she could not have done it, and that it was her son who outran the cops, but Mom would not come clean. She is suing over the arrest, and I wish her the best of luck. Thought it was a interesting, and even somewhat funny story.
Riding season is in full swing, and a number of big motorcycle events are coming up in the next few weeks and months here in NC. I will be giving details on some of the best ones in upcoming posts; but in the meantime ....Let's Ride!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...