Monday, April 25, 2011

Bikes Over Easter

On getting into Concord over the Easter Holiday, made my usual stop to RideNow in Concord, NC. Nice shop (and since I got a tire, brake pads and a helmet there a few weeks ago, I must really think so) and some interesting bikes. Took this photo of the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager at right. Real fond of the Vulcan line (in fact I own one of that line, though it is now no longer made) and this is a very fine cruiser. I am real fond of water cooled bikes, and though this does not look it, it is! I have found my Kawasaki to be stone cold reliable to this point (and this point is six years and close to 22,000 miles) and a great deal of fun to ride. I have also found them easy to maintain.
I used to have a Honda Shadow VLX 600 which was also a great motorcycle. No problems with that during eight years and some 36,000 miles. This is a Honda Shadow RS. A bit bigger v-twin engine (a 750cc I believe) but like the VLX a chain drive. I like the styling of this bike, and they are certainly well made motorcycles. You can not go wrong on a Honda; they tend to last for a very, very long time with reasonable care. Certainly the Shadow line does not have many "rocketships" though if that is what you are looking for Honda makes a few of those too. Honda is a very respected name in motorcycling and makes a fine line of bikes.
I mentioned in my previous post a ride on Monday April 25 (following the big ride on April 24). On the 25th went by Kannapolis, but on the way back got this photo of this Moped Trike that I saw across from the Carolina Mall on NC-29 in Concord. I have never seen anything like this moped wise, and the salesmen said it was the only one in the area. He also said the top speed was 35 mph, and though not sure what the mpg is, I am sure it is pretty impressive (even if the top speed isn't). Never know what you will come across while out for a pleasant Monday morning motorcycle ride, and this was certainly something to check out.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...