Sunday, March 27, 2011

Into Every Life, a Little Rain Must Fall

Went to Carolina the weekend of March 26-27, but unfortunately winter came to roost in Early Spring. I am told they even had some sleet and snow over the weekend in the Richmond area, in Carolina it rained...and rained..and rained. For the first time in a long time, no riding at all this weekend during my visit home. I did move the bike (which had not moved for a couple of weeks since the last time I rode it) to keep from flat spotting the tires (and was not able to get that new rear tire I am planning to get real soon) but it is waiting for me and a ride will be coming up in the near future. The next visit forecast (though early) looks a lot better.
I did enjoy reading and getting some photos from my friend Phil who took a motorcycle ride to Florida; making some good stops in the Daytona area. I think he missed bike week, but had a great time nonetheless from what I read and saw. They had a lot better weather there, but we have been short of rain (don't miss a lot of riding due to rainfall) so it was not all bad. I did see some bikers riding down the highways even during the showers, bundled up against the cold (barely got out of the 40s this weekend) and braving the rainfall.
Not even a lot of motorcycle racing on tv this weekend, but did enjoy seeing local Richmond college VCU (well not seeing actually, I was on the road back to Richmond at the time) beating Kansas and getting into the NCAA Final Four. That is big news in the city (Richmond made the Elite 8, but lost to Kansas in an earlier game).
Won't be long at all till the next trip home, and looking forward to a bit of quality time in the wind.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...