Sunday, June 22, 2014

Father's Day Ride (June 15, 2014)

 Beautiful Father's Day and what better to do than ride the motorcycle. As seen in photo at left I was not the only one to enjoy that....that is a fine looking motorcycle there. Saw that on Midlothian Turnpike as we sat at one of many red lights there.
There were a lot of motorcycles out on that Sunday and it was good to get a few miles in. Have been lucky to have not had much rain (that ended on the weekend of June 21-22 when the rains came....a good movie weekend for that one but it has been like a six weekend straight run of good weekend days...even low temperatures and humidity).

This is a replica of the mining equipment at the Midlothian Mines in Midlothian, VA. Site is the oldest coal mine in North America. One of the old buildings survive (sure to have posts here either at this site or my Richmond and Me blog) as I have been a few times. Just got this shot today...will walk the trail again later. Some of the miners back then died in an explosion in the mine and are buried at the site. It is a very interesting place but this state which is one of the oldest in the USA (and even the pre-USA) is full of such sites.  
This photo was taken on Three Chopt Road (love this building) turning onto Cary Street. I was coming from Moe's Southwest Grill...had not eaten at one in some time, and the one on Three Chopt ever..but I will be back (was fun and good too!). Turned on to Cary Street past the big houses to Carytown...one of my favorite parts of Richmond where I had a frosty cold beverage at Mellow Mushroom. Both Moe's and Mellow Mushroom are chains but a cut above the usual in my opinion.
It was a good ride, not a lot again in the way of miles or time, but a great time out on the bike. I was glad to get out and enjoy the miles -any ride is a good time to me and this was no exception.
As I noted, following weekend (which is when I am writing this) did not get to ride, but have a vacation coming up and spending that in Richmond. Looking forward to some great rides...I have some good ideas and some plans for some new sights this upcoming time.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...