Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Monday Ride (June 23, 2014)

 Just a short ride on June 23...wanted to get a few miles in after working on Saturday and a rainy for the most part Sunday...which turned out to be a good movie day.
Seen here is the view from the bike pulling out from McDonalds where I grabbed a quick meal....that is a neat business ahead of me....good place I am told to rent a Kayak for a trip on the James River, they provide transportation and guides (I think on the last, sure on the first).
Was a nice day to ride, low humidity, low 80's and sunny blue skies. 
On the ride rode along the river. Went to see what is called the "Z-dam" walked past some trash cans in the photo and saw this bird. I think (though am not sure) this is a Egret, but seems to like me taking its photo...did not move, though did shortly after I took it.
Love riding along river roads...always some cool things to see. The James is a beautiful river, and there are a lot of neat things to see there. Love going (though did not this ride to the Pony Pasture where there were a lot of motorcycles parked as I went past to where I took this photo.
This is the Z-dam which is what I wanted to get a photo of. I rode on down the road, onto Cherokee Road and then Old Gun Road past some remarkable houses. They were some amazing sights and I think that area is where a lot of money in Richmond lives! The road itself was a lot of fun with a lot of twists and turns and a nice canopy of trees.
It was a good day for a short ride, but as I often say a short ride is better than no ride at all. Nice way to relax after work and I had a great time. When I next go out on the motorcycle I will be on vacation, and looking forward to exploring some further points in Virginia!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...