Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Helmet Test Ride (June 7, 2014)

 Got a new helmet this week (gives me three of them, like to rotate them. They also are best, each in their own way, under different conditions. Wore the half helmet today. Anyhow, went to Ashland, VA which is not real far from Richmond. Got there via VA1 and part of I-95...was a real good ride early on (started the ride at 10am).
This is the old train station, now used for a info and tourist center (though the trains do stop there, and you can buy tickets on the train). Believe this dates to  the 1920's. Cool town, have been there before and will be back again.
This is the Strawberry Faire Festival in Ashland...figured since I was there...and enjoyed it. Was packed to the gills with booths,and had a big crowd. Much larger in both areas than I thought it would be...and had a good time.
From the festival, rode back toward Richmond via VA1 this time all the way. Riding that road is a lot of fun and have been a good distance over the years on it. Fun road south and a fun road north as well.
    
Stopped at Richmond International Raceway where I took this photo of the sign (and my bike). Like going  by the track, and got a few photos there and checked out the things going on.
Seems to get a lot of use, as there was some sort of thing going on with firemen, a racing sort of event (involving drifting which I have done in a car...that is wild) and that was neat.
In fact there were also a number of motorcycles there, in the photo below. I also have a few more photos on my Photo Page and there is a link to that on this page. 
These are the motorcycles I mentioned at RIR.From here went into Richmond where I had lunch at Buz and Ned's, and then rode around Monument Avenue and even some on Riverside Drive before heading home. It was a very good ride (and some good walking as well) though only covered some 60 miles, I enjoyed it and was a nice sunny day for it with low heat and humidity.
Looking forward to the next ride!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...