Monday, August 22, 2016

A visit to Chester, West Virginia (August 19-21, 2016)


Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the river came across some of these creations at a house on the Ohio River and was just amazed. A very creative person lives there, had a lot of great things but the ones with the motorcycle theme I had to share.

This one was also really cool, and enjoyed that he had made these. Really neat and like the work that went into them.
I did not take the bike due to the weather, was expecting some rain (and we did get some during the visit) but sure saw a lot of motorcycles out on the roads. Course I did see one guy getting a real nice bath while out on a ride during a very hard storm in Pennsylvania. As the fact that the drive was not easy there. My first trip and the route was interesting to say the least. Where I was going though would have been a great ride. Will have to give that a try in the future.  Bikes below though did apparently give it a go...think they are both Ultra Classic Harley-Davidson's. The first I think is a 2003 as it has the anniversary tag on the gas tank. The other in the background is a newer one and I THINK it has the new "partially" water cooled engine which Harley started a few years ago.
Read this weekend that Harley is increasing the engine size of the new models. Think the new sizes will be 107 and 114 cubic inches. No word on if they will have the water cooled cylinder heads but I would think so. Remains to be seen though.  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...