Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Country Ride (July 28, 2019)

Good time on this bright and sunny Sunday as you can see at left. I had driven these roads with my wife Debbie in the car, thought it would be fun to ride them on the motorcycle. Seems I was totally correct. Very nice riding and enjoyed getting out among the farms in the area. To get to these, rode out to Enon, Ohio and then took the back roads behind them.
Got a little bit lost but in a good way as I came out at Yellow Springs, Ohio. Have been there before and its a very cool town. I was able to find a sign to Young's Dairy which was my ultimate destination, and was successful in finding that. 
In fact, this is Young's Dairy to the left here. Very interesting place and a fun stop. It is also very popular with a lot of things to do. Animals to feed, a batting cage, putt putt golf, some fine restaurants, outstanding ice cream are among the many things to do there.
I was able to check out the original tractors there (with the dates on them directly below as well as what type they are), visited with the goats and even for the first time saw the cows. They have the milking area but never had seen them there. Read they milk them in the afternoon but let them out in the morning. Luckily I was there early and there they are in the photos below.
Later on made the ride back to Enon, again via those back roads past the farms. I also made a stop at the Indian Mound there and got fuel before heading back to the house. I really enjoyed this ride, as well as yesterdays, though was only half the distance of that one. Still, with a two day total of over 90 miles, not a bad couple of rides.     




No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...