Monday, July 15, 2019

Sunday Yellow Springs Ride (July 14, 2019)

 Interesting Sunday ride, with storms in the area (but got no rain at all during the ride) and rode to Fairborn which is one of my favorite area towns with a nice and fun ride to get to it. It is actually the home of the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. In fact in photos below I have some photos of the flight line there. As with the photo at left, a few abandoned places there. The theater and below a drive in and skate rink are all abandoned. There was also some police action (also below) on this otherwise quiet Sunday morning. Still my favorite time to ride with low traffic and no people running around.  Rode out toward Dayton I thought but took a wrong turn on Dayton-Yellow Springs Road. Fine with that though as I ended up in Yellow Springs. A very interesting little town and got a number of photos below from that visit. The ride was a very nice cruise and enjoyed it. It was somewhere over 50 miles and covered a lot of country roads. Was not quite sure where I was going as I went a different route via some new roads along the way, but enjoyed the journey. From Yellow Springs got back to Fairborn. Due to some road construction got to travel some new roads which fortunately got me back to Fairborn and then via the roads I know to home. 











No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...