Friday, July 19, 2019

US 40 to the Airport (July 19, 2019)

Second day in a row, got out before the heat got real bad and got my knees in the breeze. Just out to get a ride in, no real destination planned. Got headed out on US 40 which is also known as "The National Road".
That took me out to Vandalia and made a cruise real quick though the airport. They are doing a lot of construction there on the terminal but after that did did a quick shot of the control tower there. I find it kind of interesting and a neat thing to see there. Was just there a few weeks ago with my wife at the Dayton Air Show. I have photos of that at my "Ohio and Me" Page which is part of this site.
After that headed back the same route. Was keeping an eye on the sky for even though rain chances are low they are now at zero.
Got back after a 40 mile ride which was very nice though the heat started to build at the end.   

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...