Monday, August 5, 2019

Time to "Re-tire" (August 2, 2019)

Bad start to the month of August. Awoke and planned to ride, but found my rear motorcycle tire was totally flat. Got it aired up, and did some checking. Relatively easy to see the nail in the tire. So....had my wife (seen in our car at left) follow me to Joe's Cycle Shop in Dayton and put the motorcycle in the shop. They have to order the tire and should be a few days.
Joe's used to be a Triumph shop, but have gotten rid of the franchise though they do have a few brand new 2015-2016 Triumph's in the shop. Nice place though. It is a shame there are no Triumph dealers as such in Dayton, Ohio. I am real fond of the brand and still do see a few running around.
 Of note. During Memorial Day there were a bunch (some say as many as 15) tornadoes in the Dayton area. It caused a remarkable bunch of damage including these buildings. Where the motorcycle shop is was one of the hard hit areas. I have a few more photos that I am putting up on my "Ohio and Me" page today. Had seen some of the damaged areas from the highway but this was the first time I got to wander around and look at what nature can do to buildings.     

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...