Thursday, August 15, 2019

Breaking in the new Tires (August 14, 2019)

 Nice ride for a Wednesday, after a good pre-flight type check, got the motorcycle out into the Ohio weather on a very fine morning. It was not yet hot or humid this fine day, but did have to wait for the morning fog to clear. Got some of that from a few light showers the night before. It was pretty heavy when I first woke up so that just gave me some additional time for some extra coffee. First ride was out to George Rogers Clark Park where I took a brief ride around the grounds. They will be having the "Fair at New Boston" event Labor Day weekend and I will be going to that with Debbie. Will be posting photos on my Ohio and Me blog page.
Went a little further after the park and rolled down some back roads. Ohio is still new to me here and was a bit surprised when I found that I had arrived into Springfield, Ohio. I had been there a few short rides ago but not via the route I took which this time was via farm lands rather than the highway. Took this photo by what I believe is or was a Masonic building.
Tires were zero problems. Sometimes brand new tires can be slick (and the last set set on my Kawasaki Vulcan as I remember were slick as glass) but these were fine. Got a little over 60 miles now (with the past two rides) on them and they are not an issue. It was a wonderful ride!     


No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...