Sunday, August 18, 2019

Saturday Before the Rain Ride (August 17, 2019)

Got up sort of early on Saturday as the day was calling for rain and the skies certainly looked like it. Got rolling and thought of going to Troy, Ohio but as the skies got darker I headed instead to Tipp City.
Tipp City is a cool place and a favorite place of mine to ride. I can't really explain why but can say I just feel happy there. One thing I like is the old buildings. This sign on the side of this one is an old ice cream place in the Dayton area (which is the nickname for Dayton...Gem City) and of course the building it is on is very old. I have some more photos below from that and others to be found on these pages from previous visits. After that I rode to New Carlisle where I stopped at a local nursery. On past rides I had seen this car from the road and wanted to get a photo of it and my bike. The car is unknown to me but the license plate says it was from 1946. Course that could be a creation but it also could be real.
This was the third ride since I got the new tires and I believe that they are now broke in officially as I have passed in those rides the 100 mile mark. It was a good day to be out and also need to add that during the course of the day after the ride there was no rain at all. Figures, but still greatly enjoyed this very fine Saturday motorcycle ride on my very wonderful Triumph Speedmaster.




No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...