Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Under Repair (August 19, 2015)

 Well, something I had not planned on seeing, my bike in Velocity...awaiting parts,.which are being ordered from Kawasaki. Apparently during the ride yesterday the thermostat went out.This mostly melted the housing and that has to be ordered...plus the thermostat.
Lucky in that there was plunty of coolant in it, and that protected it. I noted no damage to the engine, and should have it back in a few days.
Not exactly how I planned to spend my vacation, but things like this are never planned. This is the first real mechanical problem I have had in the 10 years of ownership of the motorcycle.
Strangely this Vulcan 750 (which like my bike is no longer made) is also in for a coolant problem. While mine is an 05 not sure what year this is. They made them for a long time though. The Vulcan 750 was actually known as a really good motorcycle with rather dated styling. It was replaced by the Vulcan 800 which was more updated and that has been replaced by the current Vulcan 900.
At any case, hoping for a quick return of the Vulcan....looking forward to getting in some good late Summer and hopefully some remarkable Fall rides very soon.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...