Monday, August 17, 2015

Charlottesville, VA (August 17, 2015)

 A good day...though ended sort of sad. Rode out to Charlottesville, VA a favorite place where I planned to do some exploring. However had a problem (a leak) on the motorcycle and decided to cut the ride short. I headed back to Richmond after getting a few photos from an apple orchard which offered scenic views. Indeed they were.
Took the motorcycle to Velocity Motorcycles which to me is one of the best shops in Richmond. After 10 years of ownership this is the first real problem I have had with my Vulcan and it looks to be a leaking hose at this time. I should have a better answer tomorrow, they are currently working on it. Once again though the motorcycle at least got me to the shop, it has never (knock on wood) left me stranded on the side of the road.
Even with that, was a very good ride. Noted that they are doing a lot of work on I-64 heading toward the Blue Ridge Parkway, and that is a good thing.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...