Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sunday "Football" Ride (August 2, 2015)

 I went on Sunday August 2 to the Redskins Training Camp, and have that post on my "Richmond and Me" page.
Visited with these Richmond police officers just outside the camp and asked if I could take this photo. Was real impressed with their motorcycles, as the police use Harley Davidson's (many police departments do, but many don't...BMW is also popular as are some Japanese models).
They said they have very little trouble with the motorcycles, and they are pretty reliable. Harley to me is sort of a mixed bag...I have heard some good and bad about them. I do know the Japanese motorcycles I have had (and do have now) are stone cold reliable. This photo was taken on Grace Street, have been there a lot lately. No real reason other than its a very fun road to ride, with some interesting sights. Went there after the training camp, just wanted to get a few miles in. Was mostly doing things this weekend  as I also went to the Dragon Boat Races on Saturday and wanted to get out for a bit and just ride.

One thing cool about Richmond is art like this, which I photographed on Broad Street. It is amazing the things you see on the walls of buildings and some of them are really neat and fun to see.
It was a great day to ride though did start getting a little warm under the helmet later in the ride. I think it was a bit after 1pm when I parked the motorcycle  for the day. |
Not a lot of miles either Saturday or Sunday but I sure had a very good time.
More good rides to come and looking forward to seeing more of the interesting sights and riding the roads Richmond and also Virginia have to offer.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...