Saturday, August 1, 2015

Dragon Boat Ride (August 1, 2015)

 Rode to the Dragon Boat races at Rockett's Landing, this being the 6th year for it and went to this last year. Good event with races, food, beverages and big crowds. I enjoyed it on a hot but less humid day then it was last week. It is an international competition and there were a lot of teams there. Glad I went and had a really great time.  
Glad I rode my motorcycle...parking was rather difficult but easier with a bike. I did not ride with this group but since I was riding and saw these three got this photo. One in the back is a Honda 600 Shadow which is of the type I had before I got the Vulcan. Always nice to see those as I have some happy and good memories.
Unlike last weekend did not get a whole lot of miles in. Did take a short post event ride and had lunch at the newly opened Firehouse Subs on Forest Hill Avenue. Love that restaurant as it is sort of a Subway on steroids. Good sandwiches and just like eating at those.
Tomorrow plan to ride again, this time going to the Washington Redskins training camp which is held in Richmond. Not a big fan of the team but am a big fan of football...and I do think its cool they are here. I also plan to get a ride in, should be another very nice day. Later this week rain chances and humidity ramp up again..go figure. Good to be in August though.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...