Saturday, August 1, 2015

Tappahannock and the RVA (July 25-26)

Nice ride on Saturday the 25th. Humidity was nice and low while temperatures were not too bad. Got in a good ride to Tappahannock which is where the Rappahannock River is. Saw some of the old buildings, had lunch and enjoyed views like at left of the river. I also made a stop at the airport there. Riding down 360 was really nice and the traffic was mostly (except for a section up and back of Mechanicsville) light. I have been there before and it is a fun town to visit. I could not have asked for a better day or a nicer ride. Have had to deal with traffic of late while riding..nice to get a break.  

Sunday ride was not the 115 miles of the previous day but got in a good ride mostly around Richmond. I took this photo on Grace Street across from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts...this is a very cool house (and the motorcycle is my very fine ride).
I love to ride on Sunday mornings....for one thing the traffic is really light and the town is for the most part just waking up. I think Richmond is either in church or sleeping in.
I rode around Grace, downtown and then in the Carver section of the city. Went back by GWAR Bar which was not open (never have been by it when it is) but still there and seems to be doing well as they have added to it some since it opened.
At any case, was a very good couple of days and could not have asked for better weather. Nice thing was that after this it got real hot and humid for the rest of the week. We also had some showers during the week but at least the weekends have been good of late. I count my blessings.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...