Friday, June 19, 2020

Last Ride of Spring 2020(June 19, 2020)




Got up early once again this week, and once more strapped on my motorcycle helmet and hit the road in search of adventure. This time I rolled out on 40, which is also known as "The National Road" and is one of America's oldest highways. Made a stop at the Dayton International Airport in Vandalia, Ohio. It has an unusual control tower which can be seen at top left. I continued on up 40, rolling through Englewood and a number of small towns. Interesting ride past a lot of huge farms and fields. Stopped at the 40 mile point for fuel at a Marathon station and a coffee drink (cold coffee as the temperature was already rising.         
I rode back the same way as I came. Back down 40 and through the little towns and Englewood and Vandalia. I made a short drive through Carriage Hill Park which is one of my favorite places before getting home after being out two hours and fifteen minutes. I covered a grand total of 79 miles for the ride today. Had a great time and looking forward to the Summertime rides coming up next. I have more photos from the ride posted on my Ohio and Me blog page if you are interested in seeing those. Thanks for visiting my page and hope to see you back here soon. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...