Thursday, June 25, 2020

Kettering, Centerville, and Moraine (June 25, 2020)







Kind of a disappointing ride, although I guess any ride is a good ride. Photo above was taken in Fairborn, which I do like exploring. Got off the bike for a short bit before heading the rest of the way home. Spent a couple of hours before that exploring the areas of Kettering, Centerville and Moraine. Really came across nothing of note. Mostly an area of retail, factories, restaurants and houses/apartments. It was ok I suppose but nothing to really grab me today.   Still, thought that way about Springfield, Ohio the first couple of times I wandered through it on two wheels. I did enjoy finding P.F. Chang. One of these was a favorite Chinese restaurant in Richmond that I used to enjoy. Years and years ago I worked at JC Penney, which is now in bankruptcy. This one at the Dayton Mall (where P.F. Chang can also be found) is closed. 
For the day did some 62 miles in total, on a bright sunny say. Temperature and humidity are both down which is nice. Tomorrow that is expected to be a different story. Did enjoy getting out for awhile.     

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...