Thursday, April 9, 2020

The C-17 Ride (April 9, 2020)

Interesting day here. Got up and did a lot of things such as workouts and walks and then decided on this breezy day to take a ride on the motorcycle. It is some 20 degrees cooler than yesterday but seemed like a good idea. Rode out to Wright Patterson Air Force Base and saw this C-17 doing touch and goes. It also flies a pattern which includes flying over my house and the immediate area. I often enjoy the planes flying. In fact with my "better camera" (the one at left is from my cell phone) I took some photos this week and have them as the last two photos below in much better detail.     
 Always fun of the C-17. When I rode my motorcycle from Richmond, VA to here (it was just before the move here two years ago) I got a little lost. Then I saw a C-17 flying as I rolled along the highway. Headed for that area and once I found the Air Force Base I was able to find my way to the house.
Wright Patterson Air Force Base is in Fairborn, Ohio and there I got this photo of Mr and Mrs Frankenstein. They have a number of Foy's Halloween Shops and in in fact here it is a big holiday. Check out my posts on here and my "Ohio and Me" blog for some of the events around October 31. It is a really good time here. It will be interesting to see what happens around here in light of the virus. It is already having a big effect on many upcoming events.       
 This is The Tavernette in Medway, Ohio which is some very good eats. I have gotten take out there during the Coronavirus and have been trying as best I can to support some of my favorite local restaurants. I am hoping that they all survive this, but that will remain to be seen. I am hopeful but worry about that too.
As for the ride it was a good one. Rode around the countryside with that plane coming around every so often. It was about a 45 minute ride and did some 20 miles. As I often say, in this case it was quality, not quantity. Enjoyed the hell out of it though. 


No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...