Thursday, April 2, 2020

Back in the Saddle Again (April 2, 2020)


Hard to believe my last ride on this Triumph Speedmaster was November 10 of last year. The weather though is getting warmer, plants are blooming, trees are flowering and its getting warmer. So, got out this morning and put the battery back into the motorcycle. It was pretty easy and did not take very long at all. Oiled the chain and checked the tires air pressure. Had to put a few pounds into both tires, but not bad (around 4 pounds each) to get them back into running shape.
At 1 pm, got on the bike and took a quick selfie with the timer function of the cell phone. Temperature was in the upper 50's and got headed on down the road.
Felt really good from the start, there are few things I like to do as much as riding motorcycles. I have done that for a number of years and glad to still be here and still doing it in 2020. Sure is a terrible time as this are the days with the virus and the impact on this country is still hard to get a handle on. Just thought this would be a good thing to do, and sure put a smile on my face.         
 One of the first places I went to was a small park just off of Spangler Road in Medway. Seems to be a good area to see Great Blue Herons, though did not see any today. The sign is down below in a straight line with the additional photos.
Took the photo at right at the lake at George Rogers Clark Park which is a few miles from the house. Always a favorite place to ride too, has a replica Indian village there and good place to have a picnic and apparently fish. Its still open but all the planned activities are on hold at least for the immediate future.   
I did ride into New Carlisle, which is always a fun place. Course its kind of sad now, as most places are all closed due to the virus, though places with drive thru's are still open. I took a short ride around the area.
The city is an interesting place to ride, many of the houses date back to long ago. I like old historic places and had a good time there in the past. The Festival of Flight in the fall is a really good time, and had a blast there last year with my wife. Hopefully will have that again this year, so much is up in the air as far as when they will be doing things again. I am hopeful that this all is not as bad as the terrible estimates are but it all remains to be seen.
At any case, was good to check in on New Carlisle and took the photo of the bike  at the water tower there. I have read that it is very cold also, dating I believe to the 1930's.   




Finally made a short stop at the Airport in New Carlisle. I like the old Cessna there and often enjoyed watching planes flying around the area. I like to see the planes at the US Air Force Museum also, but that is also closed. I have noted few planes in the air since this virus hit the US. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Anyhow, have a few photos below to see from the ride today, and also putting just a few on my "Ohio and Me" blog page. This is certainly a very good day and looking to many more on the motorcycle this year. 







No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...