Monday, April 27, 2020

Dayton: The Return (April 27, 2020)

Two trips in a row, I have gone to Dayton. I don't go by there very often, but do enjoy my visits there. To me, its a very interesting and historic city. I went by The Wright Cycle Company, which is part of a large museum. This was actually the site (and the building sits on the foundation of) an original  Wright company shop. They had a number of them over the years. The one where they both built aircraft and bicycles was purchased by and moved to Michigan by Henry Ford. Still a number of interesting things to see there. Sadly, not now as the museum as is most other things are closed due to the virus. However, will eventually reopen in the future. I rode around downtown for a bit, and another stop was the home of the Dayton Dragons single A baseball team. The Dragons are a farm team of the Cincinnati Reds. It is a popular place in the Spring, Summer and Fall, but once again....not for a while yet. Still, enjoying the adventures out and about as I explore the area, and looking forward to my next ride in a few days. Expecting a rainy few days, but will see how that goes.       

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...