Friday, June 21, 2019

Vandalia, Piqua and Troy (June 14, 2019)

 Beautiful day to get out. Spring has been amazingly wet and days like this are few and far between. It was much the same as last year in Richmond so I am getting used to it anyhow.
At any case, got on the motorcycle and rode out to Vandalia. There was a neat water tower there which I did find, but also found this which is the entrance to the upcoming Dayton Air Show. I will be going to that with my wife Debbie and will have some photos from that on my Ohio and Me blog page which is part of this site. Love airshows and aviation and looking forward to that on June 22. 

First time ride to Piqua which is a very cool town in Ohio and again a very nice ride to get there. Debbie and I have been there before but this was a solo trip. I did enjoy seeing some of the old buildings and exploring some of the sights to be found there.
I stopped at a restaurant there and got in a refreshing beverage from Warped Wing Brewing in Piqua. Took a walk on an old bridge across the river and got some photos from a few of the sights to be found there.
Piqua is a very interesting and fun town and I enjoy visiting there. Will return to Piqua in the near future.
Finally made a quick stop in Troy which also is a favorite stop on my rides. Near to where I live with some good country roads between us.
Troy has a lot of history which includes it being the site of the Waco aircraft factory. Those were some amazing aircraft and looking forward to visiting that this year. I am kind of waiting for their annual fly in which is coming up in the near future.
As to this ride covered some distance visiting these three places and it was the longest ride since I did the maintenance work on the motorcycle a few days ago. It was a wonderful ride in Ohio.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...