Friday, June 7, 2019

George Rogers Clark Park (June 6, 2019)

 Got out on the motorcycle for a bike ride on a nice Thursday. It was the 75th anniversary of D-Day and had spent the morning at the United States Air Force Museum where I saw the flyby of two C-47 aircraft. I have photos of that on my Ohio and Me page which is part of this site.
As for the afternoon ride I enjoy this ride as the park is very nice to visit. I grew up in Clark County Indiana which is where General George Rogers Clark retired after the Revolutionary War. Find it interesting to be reading about him again after his battles here in the past so many miles from my days there. 
e
The park is located on the site of a battle with Indian forces. General Clark lead a force of Kentuckians here to engage tribal forces in battle which he won.
These lands were once the site of a great Indian village as were many of the lands nearby. It is a beautiful area and fun to explore and have been enjoying the rides I have experienced here.
As for the ride itself, was around 25 miles, again not a long one but a nice ride nonetheless.   

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...