Sunday, April 28, 2019

Saturday Museum Ride (April 27, 2019)

With the upcoming week having a really long term rain forecast, and waking up to a beautiful morning I checked the motorcycle over, and started it up for a ride. The temperature was right at 50 degrees, cooler than I would like, but with the heavy coat and gloves on, plus my trusty helmet, I took to the streets.
First stop was Eastwood Park. Saw rowers there which I think was some kind of school/practice event. Got a kick out of that in that going to the Dragon Boat Races in Richmond when I lived there was a favorite yearly event. You can see one of the boats in the photo at left. 
 Made a stop at the Air Force Museum to see the A-10 which is in the photo at left. The A-10 is one of two at the museum, there is another inside the museum but this one is in the Air Park section. I did not go into the museum on this trip, but I did explore the planes outside and also the two buildings from World War II. The Nissan Hut was brought over from England, the Control Tower is a replica.
The museum is a favorite of mine and enjoy visiting it as visitors to this page will know. I have a few more photos of the aircraft and buildings there on my "Ohio and Me" Page which is also part of this site.
I thought the days ride was done, but had to make a stop at the post office is New Carlisle, Ohio so got out for one more time during the day. As you can see in the photo at left, the clouds were already starting to build. In fact, later that afternoon we got some heavy rain.
Visited "Wot-A-Dog" for a coney dog and really great root beer in a frosty mug. It is a favorite place to stop in, with some really good things to eat. Sat in the enclosed area and had my lunch but they also have curb service. This was my second visit since it has opened for the season, previously I used the curb service in the car and brought it home.
It was a really good couple of rides. Covered around 30 miles and had a really good time.
Looking forward to the next ride which is coming up after a few days of rain. Also in a future forecast is an oil change which is just over 100 miles away and a chain adjustment. I have the materials for the oil change which I got last week and am looking forward to that.       

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...