Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Day after Easter Ride (April 22, 2019)

 It was a beautiful day and spent it mostly doing yard work. Earlier got a new lawn mower which I also put together and gave a short test run to. Before cutting the lawn for the first time this year as well as being my first time to cut the grass here in Ohio, I got the motorcycle out for a cruise around the area.
For this ride, took a ride to Tipp City. Have been there before but not only being an interesting town, it is a really good ride. The city has a number of interesting places such as this old train depot, as well as many other sights. I enjoy my time there and the ride to it is a great deal of fun as well. 
The ride to and from Tipp City is past farms and down two lane roads. I was looking to stop in New Carlisle (where the grain silos are as seen at left) for a frosty malt beverage but it was closed on Monday till 4pm, and I was there much earlier. Another great place was also closed in Medway, Ohio but that was not the main purpose of the ride.
The purpose was to get some breeze between my knees and in that case the ride was very successful. It was a beautiful day to get out and see some sights.
It was not a big ride, only covered some 37 miles but enjoyed each and every one. I am around 170 miles from my next oil change and have been getting the filter (which I have done) and oil (coming up soon) for that project. I used to change the oil on my Kawasaki Vulcan but this will be the first time to do so on this motorcycle. The first oil change I had done at the dealer.
So, nice May ride on a beautiful 65 degree day in what is proving to be a very interesting place to explore. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...