Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Lost Ride (April 9, 2019)

 Interesting ride on a beautiful Tuesday in Ohio. Needed to make a stop at the bank, so got on the motorcycle and headed there. On the way stopped at the New Carlisle Airport and got this photo of my motorcycle and this Cessna there. It is non flying and on display.
From there, decided to get a short ride in before getting home and tackling the shed painting project (which went well but that is another story).
I rode down Highway 41, which was how I got back from Troy, Ohio the other day. This time though I went toward the other direction, Surprisingly I had been there before. This photo at bottom was where I had been on a previous ride before moving here. We rode a pair of Suzuki motorcycles back then.
Always liked trains so was good to see this again. Anyhow ended up in Springfield...and after that got lost. Went up Highway 68 and managed to ride past Yellow Springs (which looks really cool), Old Chilicothe (ditto) and Xenia (ditto again). First time at all three places. Ride was longer than my usual of late coming in at 61 miles. Enjoyed seeing the new sites and looking forward to future rides there.
The more I ride around here, the most interesting it is becoming. This is a fun and interesting area and I have been having a great time the past few days exploring the area around my new home. 



No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...