Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Ride (May 5, 2019)

Short ride on a finally beautiful Sunday. We got a bunch of rain the last few days, and it was nice to finally see blue skies after all of that. Been some pretty good flooding here in the area, but we are not alone. It has pretty much been raining from above us and down to Florida for the past few days.
Got out though and enjoyed the ride. Had quite a few motorcycles out. I guess great minds think alike. Went to some familiar places but found some different ways to get there. Not just the road less traveled but in my case today the roads never traveled. Getting to figure this area out one mile at a time.
Some nice areas though and enjoyed getting out. A new route took me finally to New Carlisle where I looked at the grain silos during a stop.
I also rode by the airport here. I was hoping that some planes would be flying but that is not the case while I was there. I did enjoy the areas though and the photos are from both places. 
Out by the airport rode to see a new section of 571. That is a very cool and interesting road which I followed back to US 40 (aka "The National Road"). Took that around back toward 235 and from that back to the house. Ride was a little under an hour and only covered 30 miles. It was more of a sightseeing and exploring ride than a hard and fast one.
I am now around 90 miles to go before the oil change, and getting my riding in a bit at a time. Not much this year due to weather, but a bit at a time is really nice. As for today the weather was wonderful and I really enjoyed the ride!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...