Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Tuesday Ride to the Refreshing Beverage (May 7, 2019)

Took a very short ride, as I need to make a bank run, and there is no better way to travel than via motorcycle. After that stop in New Carlisle, Ohio made a stop at 571  for a refreshing beverage and rode around a bit before heading home with 35 more miles under my belt. The motorcycle is now 65 miles from its oil change date, which I will be doing. Figure I have one more good ride before getting on that.
As a side note stopped by the US 40 sign. Originally it was the National Road which opened in 1806 and started in Cumberland, PA (which I have been to just last year). As US 40 it was built starting in 1926 and was one of the first interstate highways. It ran from Atlantic City, NJ to San Francisco, California and a number of states in between. One of those states just so happens to be Ohio. As with many roads here, I really enjoy riding it, and look forward to my next adventures on this outstanding highway.   

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...