Saturday, September 30, 2017

First Real Ride of Fall (September 30, 2017)

 Good ride today. Got out at 1pm...headed first (after a fuel stop) to Hollywood Cemetery. Lots of historical sights there....2 and a half presidents (Monroe, Tyler and the "half" being Jeff Davis) plus a number of other historic figures. This is the grave of J.E.B. Stuart...the famous Confederate Cavalry officer during the Civil War. Doubt he could handle this horse though. Had a good time though, always a nice place to ride around with some great views of nearby Belle Isle.
From there rode to Isley Brewing for a quick beer. First time to go by there, and a very nice place. Almost like having a beer in your living room with the chairs and couches. Nice place to relax and have one...which is what I did.
From there, which is located in the Scott's Addition section of Richmond, wandered down West Broad Street. Decided to head out to Staples Mill Road which is a long road. I believe it will take you all the way to the mountains. I have been up it quite a while but today decided to go even further. How much further was a surprise even to me. I ended up in Louisa, VA which is seen in the photo below. Took I-64 back as it was getting late and cool during the ride.

Picked up West Broad Street off of I-64. Stopped at Chicken Fiesta for dinner and then rode down West Broad to downtown and home. Before getting home I got this photo. It was in a story in the morning news and I remember seeing it before and thinking that is a remarkable design. As far as my remarkable British designed motorcycle, had a blast on a sunny, cool (70s) day in the RVA. Covered a total of 121 miles, further than I planned but no problem with the bike or that I did that. Looking forward to getting a few more miles in tomorrow. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...