Sunday, September 24, 2017

In Search of Doughnuts (September 24, 2017)



Looked for and found doughnuts too! One of my favorite stops in Richmond on a Sunday for perfect doughnuts...very unique. Course, this is absolutely my favorite way to get there. Rode starting early while it is still cool out as we are still getting summertime temperatures here, Started via Riverside Drive but there was some kind of run going on there. I got off and went down the main roads and got here via that route. Yummy!
Stopped here just for the photo. I like the Virginia Historic Museum. To the right is a horse statue to all the horses killed in the Civil War North and South. One of the most worthwhile Civil War statues I can think of.
Museum is a real jewel with a lot of history on Virginia and goes from way back to modern. Free admission and if you are in the area it is well worth seeing.
Next door to it is the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and I have been there a number of times. You can find some photos of just a few of the many amazing things in there on my "Richmond and me" page. Think there is a link to that on this site.
I stopped by Virginia House which is also remarkable. It was moved here from England back in the 1920's I believe. Next to it is Agecroft Hall which was also brought over from England. Found a good video on You Tube about both houses. Just look up "Virginia House - Bob Vila" and take a short tour of both places.
 
This was an old firestation now put to other uses in Richmond. Lots of history here and many historic buildings from the past and all over the world it seems.
I rode to many places this morning but not as far as yesterday. Total for the ride was 26 miles but enjoyed it a great deal. Love the peace and quiet of riding on these Sunday mornings. Thanks for visiting this page, and will look forward to you coming back real soon!  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...