Friday, September 8, 2017

4000 miles and beyond (September 8, 2017)

Awoke to a beautiful day. This is the season I am looking for (a little early) as it was in the 50's when I went riding. Warmed quickly to the 70's but only just to it, and that is when I enjoy riding the most. Got my bike to the neighborhood auto repair shop and got the state inspection done for next year. That out of the way rode out to the Triumph shop just to stop in and say hello. A quick pause but did get a photo of this Triumph Bobber. Cool damn motorcycle.  
Rode out to the Hanover County Airport and got this photo. Dale Earnhardt, Jr's airplane was also there. While there hit 4000 miles (well, shortly after but in the area) on the motorcycle. It sure is a lot of fun and to this point now with a year and two weeks, zero problems!
Rode out to Ashland, VA. Took this photo of part of the wall mural. Stopped in for a while at The Caboose Restaurant . Got to Ashland via I-95 but rode back via VA 1 which is one of my favorite rides. Scenic and sort of country but rolls quietly into Richmond. While there stopped at Boulevard Burger and Brew for lunch and then headed back to my house. Damn nice ride which covered 54.5 miles and kept me grinning the entire time.  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...