Sunday, October 1, 2017

October First Ride (October 1, 2017)

Was very cool early this morning....51 at the usual doughnut ride time on Sunday. So I headed out around 1130. Made a first stop and ride around Church Hill. As you can see, it is named that for a reason. Beautiful day to ride and I was dressed for it so no problems. Made a stop also at Chimborazo Park. That was the site of an old Confederate Hospital back in the Civil War. All that is long gone, but the park is a beautiful place. And no...this is not a view of that park. 
This is The Diamond. Home to our AA baseball team. I was in the area and had just stopped at Hardywood Park and then had a quick lunch at Boulevard Burgers and Brews. Hoped there would be food trucks at Hardywood (there was not) but figured that a burger would be great at Boulevard Burgers (and it was!). Rode around a bit getting into Carytown via some back roads and that was a lot of fun. Nice area to ride around is Carytown...a very lively street. 
Rode up basically along Byrd Park, some streets I don't travel often. In some cases may be the first time. Came across Mt. Calvary/Riverside Cemetery. I have never been there, and was really amazed. Had to be one of the nicest pair of memorial gardens I have seen here. Very well kept and interesting.
From there, rode back to my house. I was out a while but spent about as much time looking at things as I did riding. Covered 26 miles today but had a great ride and a wonderful time.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...