Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ohio Suzuki Marauder Ride (October 7, 2017)

Flew into the Dayton, Ohio area. Lori and her boyfriend rode to see me (and their friend/my girlfriend Debbie) on their matching Suzuki Marauder 800's. Lori let me ride her's and I took it for a cruise in Ohio. Took this photo at a red light, it is Ben on the other one. The bikes are 805cc, water cooled, 4 valves and chain drive. They were developed from the shaft drive Intruder and were made from 1986-2005. I considered this when I bought my Vulcan in 2005.   
Took this photo at a red light also. It was a very windy day when we went out but the motorcycle did fine. Good performance on this motorcycle, and has a lot of features in common with my Triumph Speedmaster. My engine is a little bigger  and maybe a hair stronger. Not enough to make a huge difference. What these bikes have is that famous Japanese reliability...both were used but Ben and Lori have had no problems with them so far.
Ohio was fun to ride in, passed though some little towns (Troy, Ohio was very interesting to see) and past a number of farms in this area outside of Dayton.
While the skies were sunny, rain was in the forecast and we soon saw a line of very dark clouds. Headed back and actually made a wrong turn (Ben was giving us directions) so for the second time that day returned to the Dayton airport (as I had flown in earlier). We decided to come back via the highway. Traffic is generally much heavier than Virginia but a nice ride and the bike handled the speed well. I really had a great time on the motorcycle and was very impressed with the handling and performance. Like my Triumph had footpegs..and I like that better than floorboards.     
Here I am at the house again, post ride. Though no helmet law in Ohio I wore a borrowed one. Don't have a problem with people not wearing them, but I only have one head and it has taken enough blows over the past 61 years of my life. This was a wonderful thing to do, and I enjoyed it a great deal. Nice to get a ride in and for sure this area makes for some very interesting riding. Love to explore, love to ride and this was a very fun way to see the area that my girlfriend lives in.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...