Monday, October 23, 2017

Ride in the Country on a Sunday (October 22, 2017)

 Nice day for a ride, even though late the fall, it is still really warm out with temperatures approaching 80 degrees. Got going after a cool morning and started with a ride along Riverside Drive. Always nice on an early morning....this being around 10:30 when I took this photo.
From Riverside and via some back roads got on Midlothian Turnpike and ended up in a town called Cumberland, VA. Nice place with some old buildings and a very cool firetower. I used to climb one in Indiana as a boy. 
Heading back saw a road (I believe it was Highway 13 if I remember right) going to "Tobaccoville". Passed though some small towns including that one. Just outside of Amelia, VA came across this military cemetery. Of note, no civil war graves there. Had to stop to check it out and pay my respects. From there, went on to Amelia and then to home via Highway 360. A very nice ride and was surprised to see I covered some 113 miles. After the visit to NASA Langley yesterday (some photos of that on my "Richmond and me" page this has been one remarkable weekend. As for this ride, a very fun day in Virginia on the Triumph. One thing I have noted though is that as of yet, probably due to the warm weather and the lack of rain of late, very little fall color to see yet in the area.   
   

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...