Saturday, February 25, 2017

Return to Ashland (February 24, 2017)

Back to Ashland on a Friday. Visit to Kreggers was suggested by a friend at work who heard I was in Ashland last week.
It was very good food and has a very large beer selection. I did not have but one but loved the name of the beer which was - Satan's Pony. It was also very tasty as was the salad and the burger. The burger had a friend green tomato on it. I can only say this...Ashland is one of my favorite towns and I will be back to Kreggers.
Stopped at Ashland Harley-Davidson. Some impressive motorcycles in there of course. I like the whole Harley-Davidson thing, and they do make some beautiful motorcycles.
One of the things I am really impressed with on them is the paint. No motorcycle manufacturer does paint like Harley-Davidson does.
I moved to a lighter motorcycle from my big cruiser of the last 11 years (Kawasaki Vulcan) and so far very happy with the Triumph.
Stopped at Bass Pro Shop in Ashland, and this is the view from the restaurant in there. I have eaten there in the past, did not do so this trip, but sure love that big fish tank in there.
It is a neat store (has another big fish tank in the store) with a lot of cool things to see. I like to wander around there and check out things. Did not get anything while I was in there but have in the past and will in the future. It is a very nice store.
I did end up back in downtown (and historic) Ashland, VA. Here the bike and I watch a train roll by. There are two sets of tracks that run right through the downtown.
Ashland is a very cool town, and as I have noted one of my favorites. I love going there, and as I did last week, saw a number of new places while I was there.
Don't think though that all I did was go and stop at places. There was a lot of riding in between. I got to Ashland via I-95 but came back via Route 1. I rode some new streets in Ashland (new for me anyhow) and even a bit in Richmond...though those were familiar streets.
It was a wonderful day to ride with temperatures in the upper 70's and bright sunny skies. The clouds did build a bit during the ride but there was a zero percent chance of rain, and no rain came down during the ride.
The motorcycle performed without a flaw and to this point I am very happy with the Speedmaster. It is sure a lot of fun on a curvy road. This type of weather for the last couple of weeks are sure not typical of winter, but you won't find me complaining at all about it.  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...