Friday, June 17, 2016

Tire Day...Part 1 (June 17, 2016)

 One gloomy day outside. Rode the Vulcan to Scoot Richmond, a local motorcycle shop. As noted earlier not a lot of local places in Richmond. Most motorcycle shops are outside of town, with a few exceptions. Scoot Richmond started selling scooters, but has now added Triumph and Moto Guzzi. Nice shop and enjoy going in there. So I ordered the tires.
Bike at left is a Ural, and I always get a kick out of those. They don't sell em, but you do see one around now and then. Motorcycle is made in Russia and from what I have read its based on a WWII BMW that Stalin either allowed them to copy or else they stole the design when the Russians invaded.
At left is my motorcycle at the shop. Interesting day in that we got some pounding storms last night. In fact the news is calling it a "Historic Wind Event". I had no damage at my house and had power but in the area something like 100,000 were without power. Many trees were also down and quite a few homes damaged.
I had an appointment and was going to wait but was told due to trees in the road some of the mechanics were going to be late. So I just told them that I would get it tomorrow. Was not much of a day to ride anyhow. After I got home...just after..the rains came pouring down again. Not as bad as last night though. Around 5 PM the sun came out and its supposed to be a wonderful next three days. Looking forward to that and to getting some good riding in. Humidity and temperatures are also supposed to be a lot better. Looking forward to all that.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...