Friday, June 24, 2016

Out on the Streets (June 20, 2016)

 Pretty good ride today, got out on the bike and headed to Colonial Heights. Went to visit Commonwealth Power Sports which is probably the biggest dealer in the area. Least so in the type and number of brands. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Victory (and that may not be all, just what comes to mind). Cool shop with nice people.  
As far as Victory goes, this was my first look at the Victory Octane. It is based on the Indian Scout. The Indian Scout is a water cooled V-twin motorcycle which comes in two sizes. The Octane is even I have read a little bigger. Very interesting series of bikes. So far Indian is not sold in Richmond or the area, though there are dealers for the brand in Fredericksburg and I think the Virginia beach area. Interesting motorcycles and are also owned by Polaris which also owns Victory. A flat track motorcycle also based on this engine (Indian branded) will be racing next year.
At any case it was a good ride. After the visit to the bike shop I made a stop at Buffalo Wild Wings and then got a few miles in. After the earlier long ride I cut this one a little shorter but still enjoyed being out on a beautiful Monday in the RVA. Was a dry weekend and that was a nice thing...seeing as I got in some very good rides.
After the ride I cleaned up my motorcycle and that is it at left.
Kawasaki sure made a great machine when they made my Vulcan 1500 Classic. Looking forward to some very good and exciting rides in the days to come, as the upcoming weekend is looking like a lot of fun again.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...