Saturday, June 18, 2016

New Tires Once Again (June 18, 2016)

Well, got the bike back this morning. Very pleased with the work done at Scoot Richmond in Richmond, VA. Close enough that I was able to walk to get the motorcycle. This is one of the two tires...being the front) and the rear is the same type. Commander II by Michlin. Said to be a really good high mileage tire. With the price of tires thought that I would try them as I have heard a lot of good things about the brand.
After getting the tires, went to my local auto guy and got it inspected. The state inspection is a yearly thing both for the car and motorcycle and this year, thanks to a healthy investment in the case of the tires it passed.
I also had put front brakes on (which is in an earlier post) and have done the oil change along with spark plugs. I also had an electrical problem which I worked on and that is also holding up. Hoping that the work I have had to do will be worthwhile for the rest of the summer. At any case, now that it is done maintenance wise and money wise it was time to take the tires for a ride.  
Told they would be slick for the first 100 miles. Got to say in this case, that was actually a fact. Couple of times it got to be a handful with these new tires. Not sure how many sets (guess would be 3-4) I have had on the bike besides the original but these were "interesting". Did settle down though as I put the miles on it.
Came up just short of 100...but only by around 5 miles. Rode to Goochland; a little back road journey where I took the photo of the Courthouse at left. I also went to Riverside Drive after lunch at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Midlothian which was really good. Bike was absolutely fine and it was a wonderful sunny day with low humidity and temperature in the low 80's. Got a carbon copy day for tomorrow and plan to get out and get a little more riding in tomorrow after it warms up a bit. Low tonight is expected to be around 50 with the same sort of high as today.    

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...