Saturday, June 4, 2016

Success! (June 3 , 2016)


After following Keith's suggestion on cleaning the contracts (see my Richmond and me page for the post on the problem with the motorcycle) the fuel injection problem seems (and I am very happy) to be fixed. I started out cleaning some of the contacts under the seat and the right side cover. It was happening on a regular if strange on off basis, but doing the ride on the 3rd I had no lights come on during the 60 miles that I traveled and no engine problem. I think that this might have licked it, least I sure hope so.
Sure am greatful for friends like Keith though seem to remember a simular problem with my old used 550/4 Honda some years ago.  
As I noted took a 60 mile ride. Started out close to home (just in case) and took the top photo in the Church Hill Section of Richmond, the bottom photo on Riverside Drive. That is the famous Z-Dam on the James River.
Had no problems during the ride. Did go back to the Triumph dealer and ordered tires. They could not look at the fuel injector problem but they can put tires on the Kawasaki which I ordered. Bike is also due to its oil and spark plug change which I plan to do over the weekend.
It was a very good ride and looking forward to the next one. Getting into another rainy period, which we have certainly had more than our share of of late.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...