Sunday, April 6, 2014

Victory Test Ride, Concord, NC (April 5, 2014)

First a quick note....on a ride on my Vulcan April 4 guy in a truck told me "your turnsignals are falling off". I kind of blew him off, but did pull over and guess what...they were. Both bolts that hold it on, had broken off (mounted on the rear fender). For that and some other work, bike will be going in the shop next weekend.
Spent the weekend on a visit with my son (I am from there) in Concord, NC. Knew they were having the Victory test ride, and thought...what the hell, its a good way to get to ride again in Concord on a motorcycle, and check out a Victory Motorcycle. 
Wanted to check out the new Gunner, but they did not have one, but did have most of the others, including The Judge. All have the same air /oil cooled 106 CI V-twin engine, and  Judge is much like the Gunner (and the 8-Ball of that matter. Good light bike-this one had a small windshield, basic instruments in a single cluster gauge. Like the handlebars, and the bike had a 6 speed transmission. Seemed to be smoother than previous bikes in that line I had ridden. The windshield did cause some buffeting when we really got going down the road, not sure I would like it, but the size was good.  
 Here is the bike, once again the Victory Motorcycles "Judge". Good looking bike and pretty basic. Belt drive, and has foot pegs instead of boards (as my Vulcan does). Nice lean bike, pretty narrow, but fit me well. I liked the mag wheels (the Vulcan has spokes) but still not real sure about an air cooled engine. Like water cooled engines, though have read (via Motorcyclist Magazine) that they are going to come out with a water cooled Victory engine. Know Harley now has two..the V-Rod type and now the 750/500 (two versions of what is the same engine) on that new bike.  
It was a fun bike to ride. Group was pretty good to ride with though they all rode in a side by side (I would have preferred a staggered formation. Was really cool getting to ride again around Concord....used to think that is the best way to see it, and this ride did nothing to change that opinion I have. It was a whole lot of fun, and a really great time.
I like the motorcycle overall. They are kind of pricey, though less than Harley Davidson in general, but more than Japanese bikes (in general..there are exceptions to both ). I like the quality of it, think it would be fun to own one, but not quite yet. First order of business is to get mine fixed, problems with the Vulcan have been few, and I sure have a great time with that motorcycle. Not having a payment is also a really big plus in my book as well!    

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...