Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bike Night (April 23, 2014)

 Second ride of the week, and second since I got the motorcycle back from the shop. Went back to Quaker Steak and Lube in Short Pump (a suburb of Richmond, VA) for Bike Night. It was the first time I had been to it here, was always a hell of a thing at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Concord, NC. My bike is in this row of bikes here (second from the far end). Due to being early, there was not a huge crowd there, and was not when I left either, but it was starting to build. I like that restaurant, they have good food, good prices, and they like to do a lot of special events.   
 Saw this Ducati with a Honda 750 Nighthawk in the background. I think its an S4R (least that is what I remember on the side). Ducati makes some remarkable motorcycles...what I find amazing is that there is no Ducati, Triumph or BMW dealers in the general area...to get these bikes takes quite a drive. We had a bigger assortment of dealers in the Charlotte area, but thankfully those three are some amazing motorcycles. Course, I am off the opinion that anyone who rides and whatever they ride is a brother or a sister to me. Course again, you do that when you don't ride Harley-Davidson; which are fine bikes but not really for me (not yet anyhow).
As far as wild things, this is about as wild as it gets...the Boss Hoss. I have seen a few of these, and yes, that is a Chevy engine under the fuel tank. To each their own...but they are some kind of special machine.
As for me, did not get a whole lot of miles on this ride...but had a good time. It was some great weather and sure was fun to be out after work. I took the long way home, and all in all the ride and the visit to Bike Night was around three hours (with about 2/3's of that spent riding. I do plan to go back, and looking forward to it. It was a good time on two wheels!  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...