Monday, November 4, 2013

Bikes of the Urbanna Oyster Festival (November 2, 2013)

Went to Urbanna Oyster Festival on November 2, where I got these photos. Often its about my ride, but like checking out motorcycles in other places (and will be doing that again in a few days) .
This is a Boss Hoss, and I have seen a few of these over the years. I think though this is my first trike model. Interesting in that they have automobile engines and tend to be big heavy massive things. It is the kind of motorcycle that can really spin the tires-saw one once do a almost two block long burnout. I think (but not sure, will have to check on this) they are made in Georgia. Interesting rides! 
Also seen during the parade were these Virginia State Police Motorcyclists-both male and female. They did a bit of stunt riding-mostly very, very tight turns on those big Harley's. It was neat to see that many, especially as they were not behind me with the lights on. Seemed to be a happy bunch-and if my job involved riding motorcycles all day, I think I would be pretty damn happy too!    

Finally got this photo of some Shriners during the parade, and they also were doing a bit of stunt riding (though like with the cops, precision riding would be a better description)They were a fun bunch and seeing the bikes was a great deal of fun. I always try to take note of the motorcycles, and was fun to see these and others. A lot of people also rode in, it was beautiful weather for this event at Urbanna, Va, and had a blast there. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...