Friday, November 15, 2013

Veterans Day Ride (November 11, 2013)

Just a short ride on a very nice Monday, as a former "Employee" of the USN, and having taken a day off (my last vacation day) thought it was a good day for a ride. Photo here was taken at a red light on Midlothian Turnpike, which I rolled up. Did find during the ride that Ultimate Cycle (where I got the oil leak fixed a few weeks ago...finally that is) is moving to a new location a few miles up the same road. I am looking forward to seeing that, course now it is not in walking distance, but will be fine with me....they have great bus service here, or my girlfriend can get me there.
Took this photo during the ride, called it "X Marks the Spot". Was a good ride on this day, not a huge number of miles, but had a good time. Got out to Westerchester Village for a time and had a frosty cold beverage (one) while I was out.
Bike is running well, and nice to get a November ride in. As I write this, temperatures for the past few days have been in the 30's with lows in the 20's...but warmer temperatures are said to be on the way soon. Looking forward to that, sure be nice to get some more riding in. This time of year it can be an iffy thing.
This ride though was very nice and it was good to get out in the breeze.    

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...