Friday, November 22, 2013

"Trade your ride day" (November 22, 2013)

 Very good riding day for November, sunny and 70's....had to get out. Was funny, at a stop light guy said "Hey do you know what today is? It is trade your ride day" (he was in a car). Gave me a nice complement on the bike, asked me how it has been (told him great). Then he told me about his old Harley (which was not so great).
Anyhow, using the timer on the camera took this photo of me on the bike in front of the Virginia War Memorial. Nice place and a good ride beginning, though did not go through it this time, but I have in the past. 
 Went downtown which is still firing up for Christmas. Nice to visit this place, its the outdoor ice rink which opens this weekend, and will be open till early January. Nice, and with the forecast this weekend, timing is good, going to get very cold very soon.
Sure enjoy riding downtown, a lot of things to see and enjoyed this place and some others which I put on my Flickr Photo Page, and there is a link here. Nice downtown, and today traffic was not bad, and even found some parking to take a few other photos there.  
Went by Velocity Motorcycles on Marshall Street, was told they have got in some unique bikes. Was told right.
This is a Kawasaki 900, but has been heavily modified. Punched out to 1300, longer swingarm, and some other bells and whistles. That is a Honda 750 Custom behind it. Some nice rides to be found there, and the prices are not bad. If you want to have a fun motorcycle, you could do worse I think.
One of my favorite places to visit, and it is real close to Buz and Neds Real BBQ, which I often stop in for a meal (but not today). 
 This really brought back some memories. Its  Honda 550/4 had  72 model some years ago. This one looks very, very nice. If it is anything like mine, could be a very trouble tree ride.
I had a lot of fun on the bike, though of course had to do some work on it...was my first used bike (all the rest have been new) but turned out to be a trouble free ride. I had a lot of fun with it, and sold it in one day (put a sign on it in a K-Mart parking lot) then got the 600 Shadow. Got the Vulcan now, sure have been lucky some great bikes in my past, and even before those three.  
Finally got a photo of this Ducati, and a Honda Pacific Coast. Love these things, and you don't see either of them very often. Prices on them are not bad either. If you want more information, check the Velocity Motorcycles web site or Facebook page.
As for my ride, went on from there, down to Cary Street, around Byrd Park past the lake (very pretty) and back to the where I store the bike. Not a long ride (some 23 miles in all) but a great time. Was just a really, really, really wonderful day to get out, and sure put a big damn smile on my face. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...