Monday, May 27, 2013

Hull Street (VA360) and the Midlothian Turnpike (Memorial Day, 2013)

 Posted some photos in Chesterfield, VA on "Richmond and Me" but had a couple here. Saw this flag flying at a Honda auto dealer on Hull Street and thought my bike would look good under it. Hull Street is VA360 the same road I took a (much longer) ride on a few days ago and talked about in my previous post. Came from the Chesterfield County Airport and the old Courthouse and Jail in Chesterfield and then after traveling up "Beach Road" to Hull Street. As noted, this section was a lot busier and good to keep a good eye on the traffic on this part, but a lot of things to see there including many places to eat (always fun) or shop (if that is your thing) ...but a very developed section, unlike what I saw a few days ago. One of my favorite parts of the city, as a lot of cool things can be found on and around it. A good friend of mine and his wife live near there, so I stopped in for a visit. Sunny when I first started riding, here you can see the clouds are building as rain is expected in the next few days.
Here I am on Midlothian Turnpike. Like Hull Street, Midlothian runs a long way...in the car took it almost all the way (though had to turn off to get to it) to Lynchburg, VA a few years ago. Midlothian Turnpike is also (but not totally in its length) developed and is an interesting place to ride. As you can see, the clouds were really building, my other blog has the "sunny" photos. Last day of my Memorial Day "vacation"  but did enjoy getting two days of riding in during my time off. This was a shorter ride, covering some 55 miles of both urban and country roads. All this with the exception of the country roads were not new to me, but still a lot of fun and I enjoyed this ride...looking very forward to the next one!  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...