Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Ride (May 12, 2013)

 Just because, and because its been awhile, took a ride on the motorcycle this Mother's Day. Took photo at left on West Broad Street; he is riding a Harley-Davidson (we talked a bit at lights, nice visit) and that is my headlight of my Vulcan at lower right. Interesting road which runs from downtown to Short Pump which is a big retail area, but a nice ride and some interesting sights can be seen along the way. Yesterday it was in the mid-80's, today was 10 degrees cooler, but still a great day to be out. Clouds came and went from time to time, but it was a good day on two wheels.  
 My bike with another Harley, this time at Quaker Steak and Lube. Used to love the one in Concord, NC, but Richmond, VA has one too (and will have a photo of it on my Richmond and Me page). Nice place with good food and good beer specials...for those so inclined. The bike night here which is held on Wednesday nights is one of the bigger ones in the area I am told...told that because I am usually working on Wednesday nights, but should be able to make one of them at least this year, which will be my first. I also went by Buz and Ned's Real BBQ in Short Pump, but just stopped to look. 

Love Buz and Ned's, but it was packed (after all, it is Mother's Day, and what Mother does not love BBQ?) but rode back down West Broad Street, and though downtown into Church Hill and went to Alamo BBQ...which was much less crowded. They also happen to have some damn fine BBQ, and I had a good late lunch there. Getting to be one of my favorite places as well, and love going by there.
I did not get a lot of photos this ride, actually worked more on just enjoying the ride. It had been awhile, due to weather and a weekend in North Carolina been some time since I had taken a ride, but I sure did enjoy it.
Have been mostly just riding around the Richmond area, new to me on two wheels (though I have been here some four years now) but being on a motorcycle makes you see it in a different, and wonderful way. Got as I know from the car though some wonderful places to see in the region, and those will be coming up as the weather gets better!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...